Lilypie Premature Baby tickers


"Sometimes," said Pooh, "the smallest things take up the most room in your heart."

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Exciting things happening!! 9w5d old

66 days old/days in NICU
Weight: 5 lbs 12.5 oz (-10 grams)

Well first of all it appears that I've labeled some entries wrong. TODAY Ella is actually 9w5d old. I'm not going to go back and fix them though. 

I didn't get to go in to see Ella today because I woke up at 4:00 AM with a BAD flu bug! I curled up in bed, popped Mickey Mouse on the Mac and we watched TV in bed for half the day. Then we went into the living room and watched a movie out there. Such as life when you have the terrible flu. But I've been calling the ICC to check on Ella and of course her doctor called me today and left a message with some VERY exciting news! Ella has been moved down to .5 liter of pressure on her O2. She's only needing 36% O2 on that so they'll probably be able to move her down even MORE!! AND she's getting all feedings by mouth. Last time I talked to her nurse, she had taken a bottle all day long. These are all things that are necessary for Ella to get home. I am thinking that by tomorrow, maybe Saturday, we'll know Ella's coming home date!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited...yet so nervous too. I'm nervous about her coming home on O2...and I'm nervous about her NOT coming home on O2. I'm nervous she won't breastfeed...I'm nervous she will get sick and end up back at the hospital...I'm nervous she won't gain weight....a whole MYRIAD of thoughts rushing through my head!!! 

Sorry I have no pictures for today...hopefully we'll have an even BETTER update tomorrow!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment