Lilypie Premature Baby tickers


"Sometimes," said Pooh, "the smallest things take up the most room in your heart."

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Another week down, 13 left to go

Baby Ella sucking on her hand inutero


Day 16 of bedrest
91 days left until my EDD

I'm exactly 27 weeks today. I was put on bed rest at 24w6d so we're doing good! I had a doctors appointment today with an ultrasound and a non stress test (NST), which will be occurring bi-weekly. The baby is doing well and she scored a 10 out of 10 on the biophysical test. From WebMD: A biophysical profile (BPP) test measures the health of your baby during pregnancy. A BPP test may include a nonstress test with electronic fetal heart monitoring and a fetal ultrasound. The BPP measures your baby's heart rate, muscle tone, movement, breathing, and the amount of amniotic fluid around your baby. A 10 out of 10 is a perfect score. So that was good news. I will be getting those twice a week (which, by the way, ends up being a 2 hour appointment...goooood times!). The meds I'm on are controlling my BP pretty well so everything looks okay except the fact that the protein in my urine increased and I was really swollen in my ankles and fingers today. Levels of 300 mg or more of protein in the urine is considered preeclampsia and my levels went up to 200 mg, whereas before they were around 100-150. I'm just hoping they don't keep going up and I end up on hospital bedrest with preeclampsia! 

On another note, today my mom took Olivia to see my grandma and Olivia told my grandma that mama was sick. It really made me kind of sad to hear that. I mean in a way it's a good thing that she understands but I also feel that she's just too young to have to understand that mama is sick. We tell her that mama is sick and that's why she (as in me) can't do certain things, like dance or go outside and play. But it breaks my heart that I'm missing this stuff with her. I know, it's a short period in her life and she'll forget it eventually but that doesn't make it any easier right now. 

1 comment: