Lilypie Premature Baby tickers


"Sometimes," said Pooh, "the smallest things take up the most room in your heart."

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

A post about pee

No, that is not mine. ;-) 


Day 21 of bedrest
86 days left until my EDD


Is that title completely inappropriate? Sure, but that's what this is! It's all about pee. I got the results back from my 24 hour urine test today...definitely not good. :( There is 494 mg of protein spilling into my urine from my kidneys. According to the Mayo Clinic's fact sheet on preeclampsia, 300 mg or more of protein is a sign of pre-e. I have also been having a lot of swelling as well as headaches everyday since Saturday. Last night when I got up to use the bathroom and brush my teeth, my feet swelled up in the short amount of time I was doing that. While my blood pressure is being controlled within reason by the BP drugs and bed rest, I am concerned about the levels of protein that my kidneys are spilling. I spoke to the nurse today and she said that the levels are high but "not high enough to take action--YET". I can't help but focus on the YET part of that sentence. I'll be 28 weeks on Thursday and while 9 out of 10 babies born at 28 weeks survive, it's obviously not the choice time for baby to be born. I'm still praying for at least 32 weeks, but the protein spilling in my urine has almost tripled in the last 2 weeks. 


So needless to say, I feel like at this point we're playing a waiting game. There is just NO way to know when Ella will be here. 


No comments:

Post a Comment