Lilypie Premature Baby tickers


"Sometimes," said Pooh, "the smallest things take up the most room in your heart."

Monday, September 20, 2010

One step forward, two steps back

Ella, 27w 4d
 If you click on the pictures, you can see them much larger.


Day 20 of bedrest
87 days left until my EDD


I had my doctors appointment today and had lots of news. Some bad news was I gained 3.5 pounds since Thursday which means I'm retaining A LOT of water. Which I kind of knew because I'm not peeing nearly as much as I should be in spite of drinking more then enough. I have A LOT of swelling in my ankles and hands today, so much that they hurt.


Because my drive to my doctors is a minimum of 30 minutes and then being up so much causes my BP to spike so drastically, one of my bi-weekly appointments will now be done at home with a home care nurse. She'll come out on Thursdays and do my biophysical profile, NST and check up. They can actually do an ultrasound at your home...isn't that CRAZY?! I was shocked to hear that. When they dipped my urine sample, it was only +1 which is less then it was at labor and delivery yesterday (it was +2 yesterday) but the real numbers will come from my 24 hour urine test. I'll probably hear back about that tomorrow. They always call me back with my test results, good or bad. I guess that's what's good about being such a high risk patient. Special treatment ha ha ha. 


I got a 10/10 on my bio physical profile and NST, which is great. Today my ultrasound was actually super neat. I got to see Ella's face straight on because of how she was positioned and I saw her eyelids opening and closing, her mouth opening and closing and her brow moving up and down! She was extremely expressive today. I've never seen so much on a 2D ultrasound. It was really cool. They gave me some pictures of her face but they are not nearly as neat as it was seeing it live, and you can barely tell it's her face on the ultrasound. 


All in all, I would say there was more good news then bad, or at least neutral news. 

1 comment:

  1. oh girl, if we can get you at least two more weeks i know she'll fly through the NICU! hopefully your protein is still good, can't wait to hear about your urine, LOL :)

    ReplyDelete