Lilypie Premature Baby tickers


"Sometimes," said Pooh, "the smallest things take up the most room in your heart."

Monday, September 27, 2010

In the hospital

But hopefully not too soon!

Day 27 of bedrest
80 days left until my EDD
Today I went to my doctors visit and they sent me into the hospital. My BP meds aren't working and I'm having some nasty symptoms (ones I mentioned a few days ago) so they want to try different meds to see if they can get things under control. It's possible I'll be here a few days or it's possible I'll be here until I deliver. They started betamethozone shots (steroids) to help mature Ella's lungs just to be on the safe side. I did a lot of crying, but I'm trying to make my peace with it. We knew this day would come and there is still a chance I'll get to go back home. We're still praying for 32 weeks but there is something comforting about knowing that the steroids have been started and her lungs are developing as I type this. I certainly don't want our baby to be born 3 months early, but if she is, I feel as emotionally prepared as I possibly could be at this point. That doesn't mean I'm not mourning the loss of this pregnancy, or that there won't be lots of tears, worries, stressful moments and panic but I think I'm Handel this okay, considering everything. 

No comments:

Post a Comment