Lilypie Premature Baby tickers


"Sometimes," said Pooh, "the smallest things take up the most room in your heart."

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Bedrest and Beyond

While I do have a beige couch, that's not a picture of mine. :)
I plan on using this blog as a way to share my experiences, things I'm trying to do to get out of bedrest funk, my feelings, worries and updates on what's going on with the pregnancy and our lives with our friends, family and anyone else who may be interested. This also gives me something else to do everyday. As of today I'm 26 weeks and 2 days pregnant. I am 96 days away from my due date.
An introduction of myself for those who don't know: My name is Christa and I'm 25. I'm pregnant with my second daughter whom we plan on naming Ella (Eleanor Dayle). I have a beautiful little girl named Olivia who will be 2 next month and have been married to my husband Shane for almost 4 years. When I was pregnant with my daughter, I was diagnosed with severe pre-eclampsia which is hypertension (high blood pressure) and induced with her at 33w5d. I had her after 48 hours of labor via c-section. I am now on strict bedrest with pregnancy induced hypertension (PIH) which is bordering on slipping into mild pre-eclampsia. We are praying it stays at hypertension and I make it to term, but the unfortunate thing with blood pressure is that it can change at ANY time.
Today marks day 11 of my bedrest and I'm really starting to feel a little crazy. There are only so many online scrabble games you can play, so many movies you can watch and so much reading you can do. I have great friends and family who come and see me but I'm starting to feel frustrated with laying down on my side everyday. I don't know how to knit or crochet and I enjoy digital scrapbooking but ALL of my digital scrapbooking stuff is, of course, on our Mac, not on our laptop. I've been bugging Shane to move it onto the laptop but unfortunately, I don't foresee that happening anytime soon.
I'm keeping this first post short but I am thinking I'll probably blog everyday. It will give me something to do and think about as I'm laying around, mostly on my left side, waiting for the day when we meet our new baby!

1 comment: