Lilypie Premature Baby tickers


"Sometimes," said Pooh, "the smallest things take up the most room in your heart."

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

What is Christa doing with all this extra time?


Day 14 of bedrest
93 days left till my EDD


I'm about 15 minutes away from checking my BP and then having to call my doctor to report in. I decided I was going to make a more fun blog post before that happens and then I'll just do another one later with an update. It gives me something to do while waiting for this time to pass by.

So you may ask, what is it that I do all day? I am constantly looking for new, fun things but unfortunately, laying on you side is not conducive to a lot of fun activities. I've decided to reread the Chronicles of Narnia which have been my favorite series since I was a little girl. I'm just about at the end of The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe, which makes me want to watch the movie again! Have you seen that movie? It was SO amazingly done. I was in awe. I believe I went to see it 3 times in the theater. The soundtrack was phenomenal and I actually used one of the main theme songs in my wedding! I'm also watching TV series on Netflix. I just finished Weeds and now I'm watching The L Word. I play lots of online Scrabble, because that's one of my favorite games ever! (I am becoming a Scrabble MASTER!!) and I also spend FAR too much time on facebook. I wish I knew how to crochet or knit but so far, no such luck. When I was on bedrest with Olivia, my grandma tried to teach me how to knit and I managed to do it--sort of. I accidentally made what looked like a shawl for a 18" doll and now it sits in a box, around the shoulders of my American Girl doll Molly. ha-ha I've also found some support boards for pre-exlampsia/hypertension and bedrest but they aren't exactly hopping so I only go to them about once a day. And of course, I have friends and family who keep me company. I wish we could play more games but unfortunately, with kids around, they would get into the game while we tried to play it!! And of course, I do what I can to interact with Olivia. She'll bring me books and sit up on my hip while I read to her. She's not really interested in bringing me her blocks or anything. We watch Elmo and Mickey Mouse together (the two men in her life). It sounds like an awful lot, I know. But when it's 24 hours a day, those things get old fast! 


If you were stuck on bedrest, what would *you* do to keep yourself busy? I'd love to hear more ideas. It's going to (HOPEFULLY!!) be a long haul!

2 comments:

  1. Video games video games video games. Course, with a toddler running around that might be hard to do without warping them. LOL. But when I was bed bound with my knee injury and played a ton of free games online on my laptop. Good for killing time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have any video games lol I wish i did though!!

    ReplyDelete